Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A training bra was so much easier

As I mentioned in my previous post, my position as an Operations Manager was eliminated due to a business decision. I am now working a temporary assignment in the real estate closing department. Yesterday, I was trained on doing certificates for closed 2nd mortgages. Today, I get the same stack for the 3rd time in a row. A record for me as I am usually a quick learner. When did training get hard? Is it because I am older? I started wondering this at work today and began thinking when did I start the training process. And it occurred to me. The first time I heard the word training was when my mother took me to Thalhimers to fit me for my very first training bra. The fit was perfect and it felt like a t shirt. I had no complaints.

Now, 30 years later, I have to wear a bra with wires that dig into your side because my breasts are now in a race to see which one will get to my feet first. I didn't sign up for this when I started training back in my preteen years with my first bra. Well, what did I expect after having 3 children and I enjoy my comfort food. Women who get breast implants, I don't get it. I would be glad to donate. Just sign me up. Research should look into breast tissue donation for the implant patient instead of silicone. Its all natural after all.

Well, back to my painful training that I have received in the last 2 days. After getting this stack of 30 packets back, I was ready to run for the border and I'm not talking Taco Bell. After my trainer sat down with me today and I got it all straight, I started to relax and then it hit me again. I now live in cubeville. What in the world has happened to my career.

Just a few short months ago, I was outside attending to my commercial tenants, buildings and the company's independent antique store. I got fresh air, bottled water and the feeling that I belonged to this wonderful community. My supervisor was in another state. It was NIRVANA!! Now, due to a business decision, I have been relocated cubeville.

I have the typical cube neighbors. One is the very supportive type but then she gossips about what she hears. Then I have the barbie next to me. Her first response (every time) is "OH MY GOD!!". I'm thinking is she from the valley or a cheerleader that hasn't matured.

Well, training is painful. Living in cubeville is painful. The people are nice and most of the work is easy. But, its not like my first training bra. Simple, comfortable and easily wearable.

I hope you had a great day.

Beamer 319

No comments: