Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Underwear is falling and I can't keep em up

That's how I started my day today. It all started at Ukrops. How embarrassing. Lets start at the beginning..

2 weeks ago, I get an email saying that the 2nd grade teachers want the students to have breakfast for the last day of school. I ordered breakfast pizzas from Ukrops and my husband came with me to help in exchange for gas in his car. I was in the card aisle at Ukrops looking for thank you cards. Ukrops doesn't sell thank you cards individually. Then it happened.....

Where I am temping allows females to wear long dresses and skirts without hose. Yeah for me as it saves me money. My $5 hose gets a run in it on the first day of wearing. It gets expensive. So I get dressed this morning and my underwear was a little tight so I decided to get another pair that was more comfortable. That was my first mistake. I put on a skirt (no hose) and blouse and head to Ukrops.

In the card aisle I begin to fill it slip. First off of the left hip, down the stomach and oh my gosh, please let my thighs keep them up. I find a hiding place in Ukrops. Thank goodness it was 7am this morning. I hike em up and hope that's the end of it.

It wasn't. At work today, every time I got up, the slippage began. My mile walk to the restroom became a paranoid walk of whose around and how long is this skirt anyway. The slippage, the thigh prayer and then a place to hide to hike them up became my speed walk challenge. Get to the restroom before my underwear hits the floor. I gave myself so many wedgies today, I may be ready for thong underwear. My husband will probably say "WOO HOO".

My prayer was please lord keep em up and thighs do your best. Then I wondered if there was any duct tape around. None to be found in the bank. Then, it struck me, I could use safety pins but to no avail, there wasn't any available. The wedgie would have to do until I get home.

The lesson I learned today was its better to be a little tight than a little loose.

I hope you had an awesome Thursday.

Beamer 319

1 comment:

Chris said...

All I can say is WOO HOO!