Friday, June 15, 2007

Our Special First Day of Summer..

Colonial Heights School let the kids out yesterday so today is the first day of summer vacation. Our 8 year old was going camping with her girl scout troop but she woke up with vomiting and diarrhea at 1:30. Her system started calming down and I began to think that she had over indulged yesterday. She had breakfast in her class, lunch at home, a snack and at her request, CI CI's pizza to celebrate her and her sister's straight A year.

I had to go to work. When I called home, I was told that her throat was soar, glands swollen and she had spots in her mouth. Sounds like Strep to me. The first thought was poor baby. I hope she can still go camping. The second thought was I hope our son doesn't get it as I don't want to spend days at MCV. It's not fun and this is supposed to be Summer Vacation. With C having a shunt, if he gets a fever, virus or an infection, the doctor requires a stay at the luxurious MCV Pediatric Wing until all symptoms are gone. Not fun for us but it is part of having a child with hydrocephalus.

My mother took B and the other 2 kids to the doctor and she was diagnosed with the stomach flu. YEAH!!! It's a 24 hour thing. Of course, the 24 hours start after she last vomits so the count down has begun. We are now a hands washing family and a no sharing of the toys family for now. B requested chicken noodle soup for dinner and it better be Campbell's. I guess Progresso isn't good enough. So I made another trip to Ukrops and this trip was uneventful. YEAH! She ate 3 bites of her soup and now she is sleeping upstairs content with the world.

B missed her camping trip with the girl scouts. K has finished her melt down as she thinks B ruined her weekend. K, C, and myself will still go to Henricus Park tomorrow if the weather is nice. C. is just happy that he got to play in his room with his dinosaurs today and he got gold fish for his snack.

If this is how summer vacation has started, I hope it will be sick free for the rest of season.

Happy Summer!!

Beamer 319

No comments: