Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I got a free ticket and its his fault

We are getting ready to go on vacation next week. I decided that the kids needed a hair cut so I went to our one and only south park mall located in wonderful Colonial Heights and that's when the fun began.....

Since I had all three kids, I parked in the handicap space so C. wouldn't have far to walk. My wonderful golfing husband was probably sinking his first hole for the evening when I got to the mall. What should be dangling from his rear view mirror but the handicap placard in all its glory.

We went to hair cuttery and put our name on the list. 30 minute wait. So we grabbed a quick bite at Chic Filet and had a great time. We arrived back to hair cuttery just in time. The hairdresser had B first. She wanted her hair to be shorter in the same style. While she was getting her hair done, B decided to let the hairdresser know her entire life story. What kind of hair she had and what she wanted. While she was getting her hair cut, I noticed something quite funny. She makes the same face that I do when I get my hair cut. A stern look with clenched jaw and her eagle eye purveying every dropped piece of hair. Hoping that she won't end up bald, she is estimating how much hair has been cut using her 2nd grade math. Luckily, the hairdresser did a great job so B didn't give her the evil eye anymore. B said "excellent. Its what I always wanted."

Next up was C. Since this was a new hairdresser, I did the normal explaining. C has a shunt which is located on the right hand side of his head. If you bump it, smash it, its OK. I've had some hair dressers freak out when they felt it so I now have to do the introduction to C's hair. C. loved getting his hair cut and he enjoyed sucking on his orange sucker. Whew! He's done and its even and he still looks like a little boy and not a future marine. Thank goodness she knows how to use scissors instead of that dreaded clipper. C exclaimed "I'm cute"

Finally, K is up. She wants curly hair and she wants to be cute. Her hair is naturally wavy and grows fast. The hairdresser wets her hair and begins to cut. All of sudden, K has the "FACE". She looks like she is about to have a major tantrum. Her arms are clutched and her face is locked into the position. This is the face that says, I am determined to get my way and you better watch out face. I smiled at her and she tried not to smile back but couldn't help but smile. The hairdresser came through the 3rd time. Her hair is as cute as a button. K gave it a 2 thumbs up.

We decided that we would celebrate with ice cream. We headed back to the car and what do my eyes see but a lovely ticket indeed. My wonderful ticket says I have 5 days to appeal or its a $100 fine. After 5 days, its an additional $125. Just what I always wanted. A ticket.

I called my wonderful golfing husband and said guess what. I have a ticket. May I please have the placard. His response was yes dear and you are right dear. So I am assuming since he was so nice regarding my yelling tone voice that he must be with the boys. The more perturbed I got, the nicer he got. With frustration in hand, I hung up the phone. He came home complaining that he didn't feel good. So he got my empathy vote.

So if you want a free ticket from Colonial Heights, please feel free to park in the handicap zone.

Dinner $20
Haircuts $30
Ticket to park $100

Who knew parking at the mall was so expensive. I guess I better get going on writing my appeal.

Have a great night!!

Beamer 319

No comments: