Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's Potty Time

As I mentioned, we have a special needs child and he is now 4 years old. I am beginning to start his potty training. Before I get feed back stating that he should already be trained, please let me give you the scenario he is in. C. cannot stand or walk without leg braces or his walker.

A few months ago, I went to a medical equipment store and purchased a pediatric handicap potty. They do exist. I paid $125 for this wonderful item. The side rails are the same height as his walker so he can transition rather easily. The bucket that fits into it looks like a paint bucket so it makes it easier to dump and keep clean.

Starting this past Sunday, C. has shown a lot of interest in it. He pulled his pants down and sat down on it. He actually hasn't deposited anything yet but I am glad that he wants to do this as he's been watching me and the rest of family doing our business.

The dilemma that I am having his since he's a boy, I am training him to sit like a girl on the potty. It just makes sense to me. I've asked my husband, Especially Blessed, to help out and give me some suggestions. He says he doesn't know much about potty training. I wonder how he learned. MEN!!

Anyway, I will keep you posted on how its going and if you have any suggestions, please let me know as I can't wait until he's trained. I then get a big pay raise. NO more PULL UPS or SWIMMERS!! YEAH!!

Maybe I should find the Poop Book. It was a cute book that I found in the Nature Store a long, long time ago.

I hope you have a great night. Its time for me to cruise the blogs.

God Bless!!
Beamer 319

No comments: