Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My kids made me proud

Yesterday why I was at work, one of the fuses blew in the house. Yes, we still have a fuse panel in our house. With the fuse blown, and we were out of fuses, there wasn't any air conditioning on the first floor of the house. We have oscillating fans that are 4 ft tall that help with air movement. When I called home to check on the kids they didn't complain about the temperature of the house. My mom was the one to tell me that the fuse was blown and we needed more fuses.

B was reading her book. She wants to read 12 books this summer so she can get a book award from her soon to be 3rd grade teacher. Her Magic Tree House book starts with a riddle and she wanted to know my guess so she could write it down to see who the winner was. The riddle is dark and hard as a rock but deep inside you will find beauty. What is it? So I gave her my answer.

K was working in her 1st grade math workbook. She wants to do well in school so she thought she would try and do 1st grade math. She said she was having fun and was glad that she had the book.

C was in his room and playing with his assortment of trucks and cars. He loves his trucks and cars. He was making them go crash and go on trips.

Instead of complaining, they were entertaining themselves and having fun. The TV was off and the house was quiet which is rare for us. When the kids were doing their own thing, I can tell you that I was amazed and proud to be their mom. I'm sure I would have complained and made Chris go to Home Depot to get the fuses.

We can learn a lot from our kids if we just sit back and watch. I hope you have a cool day tomorrow and remember to be thankful in all circumstances.

The answer to the riddle: an oyster.

Beamer 319

No comments: