Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Can you cross the line in Blogging?

My husband and another blogger have been commenting back and forth regarding their differences. During the heated exchange, the blogger decided to bring our son into his argument. Accusing us of using our son's circumstances to get empathy from bloggers. This isn't true and it crossed the line in my opinion.

If you don't deal with special needs kids, I guess its hard to understand that often times we feel isolated from the normal world. We deal with issues that families with normal children do not face on a daily or hourly basis in some instances. I use my blog to help others know that they are not alone. When I was 33 weeks pregnant and was told that my child has suffered a serious condition and that the prognosis is unknown and the game plan is to do major brain surgery on your unborn baby, it can be pretty disconcerting. I also know that I felt alone and searched for someone to guide me. I found help on the Internet by finding the Hydrocephalus Association and a Yahoo News Group for Hydrocephalus. Now, I am passing on the favor in my own way.

So back to my question, can you cross the line in blogging? In this instance yes. If you cannot stand on your own in arguing/debating your side of the topic, then please be a man/woman and keep our children out of the argument. When I read the comments section on this blogger's post and the blogger dragged my innocent child into an adult conversation, this truly removed my respect for the blogger. I will no longer read anything that is written from this blogger and will pray for the person.

As a parent and fellow blogger, I am respectful of your opinions and enjoy a good debate but I am mature enough to stand on my own without bringing your family or lifestyle into the equation. I also understand that by blogging about my family, I have opened up the door for comments regarding them. I am also hoping that we are adults and support each other without being a bully.

Tonight was a disappointing night in reading the comments. I respectfully request that we leave our children out of adult discussions and be mature individuals.

Take Care,
Beamer 319

No comments: