Monday, July 16, 2007

The Music Made Me Do IT!!!

Today, I met my husband for lunch at Jersey Mikes for our weekly meeting of the minds. We usually will have a discussion where we agree or disagree on a particular item. Today we agreed. After leaving Jersey Mikes to head back to work, I was flipping through the radio stations (Radio Disney - please no more!!, AFR - Talk Radio, I want music, K95, same old stuff, then I found Lite 98). AHHH!

I hate when I can hear music from other cars. I appreciate all types of music except I really hate lyrics that use curse words in them. I believe there is enough words in the English language including slang to use without the use of curse words. As I said, I found Lite 98 and I had my windows down. The first song I heard was Kool and the Gang singing "Celebration". Something really bad happened. I turned up my radio, started doing the car dance (you know the dance, all upper body movement) and singing with the song. I was having a blast. Kool and I were having our own "Celebration".

Next up, ABBA "Dancing Queen". This is when I really got cruel. I cranked up my radio as loud as I could stand, did my car dance and in my off key, tone deaf voice, I sang ABBA and I liked it. The cars next to me were looking at me like I was a loon. I didn't care. I kept on singing. The red light must have been like nails on the chalkboard to the guy sitting next to me.

I have to admit I love ABBA and the songs from the 70s and 80s. I had a blast. I know it was cruel to expose my lack of singing ability to the other commuters, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. So I did. I was cruel and I liked it.

Here's to your favorite song and car dance.

Beamer 319

No comments: