Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm in First Place

A few weeks back, my husband was asked to help out with a class held by a mutual friend. He thought it would be a great idea. He asked me to come and support them and thinking that it would be a great thing for us to do together. So, I did and that's how I ended up in First Place which came at a perfect time as August is a stressful time for me.

First Place is a bible study series that focuses on putting God in First Place in your life to help everyday victory for everyday people regarding weight loss and becoming healthy spiritually. I thought well, I can always lose weight as it would make me healthier and a great excuse to stay in my Bible which I seem to neglect at times. I don't want to be a Sunday only Christian but an every day Christian.

One of the reasons that August is so stressful for me is because its the time when C usually meets with his orthopaedic doctor. I want C to walk without aids and to run as any 4 year old. C's doctor mentioned on one occasion that we may have to do surgery. I'm not a big fan of that as when C had surgery at 9 days old, he didn't come out of the anesthesia for 24 hours. It was a terrifying time for me. So, when we see Dr. T, I get nervous. Also, since C is growing that means we need to get sized for bigger braces to accommodate his feet. This is usually expensive. Our out of pocket expenses usually range around $500 which is what the insurance doesn't cover.

So this bible study came at a great time. During the second week of the bible study, we work out of a workbook and it struck me in an interesting way that we were studying the following verse:

2 Samuel 9, 1-13: David and Mephibosheth
3 The king asked, "Is there no one still left of the house of Saul to whom I can show God's kindness?" Ziba answered the king, "There is still a son of Jonathan; he is crippled in both feet."
4 "Where is he?" the king asked. Ziba answered, "He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar."
5 So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel.
6 When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor. David said, "Mephibosheth!" "Your servant," he replied.
7 "Don't be afraid," David said to him, "for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table."
8 Mephibosheth bowed down and said, "What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?"
9 Then the king summoned Ziba, Saul's servant, and said to him, "I have given your master's grandson everything that belonged to Saul and his family. 10 You and your sons and your servants are to farm the land for him and bring in the crops, so that your master's grandson may be provided for. And Mephibosheth, grandson of your master, will always eat at my table." (Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.)
11 Then Ziba said to the king, "Your servant will do whatever my lord the king commands his servant to do." So Mephibosheth ate at David's [a] table like one of the king's sons.
12 Mephibosheth had a young son named Mica, and all the members of Ziba's household were servants of Mephibosheth. 13 And Mephibosheth lived in Jerusalem, because he always ate at the king's table, and he was crippled in both feet.

It struck me that the Bible Study led me to this verse regarding crippled feet. This brought comfort to me for I realized that God will look after C no matter what happens.

In Sunday School Class, this past Sunday, we were doing our bible study in Acts. This was the verse that we studied that made sit back and say to myself. God, thank you! I know that you will answer my prayers in your time.

Acts 14 : 8In Lystra there sat a man crippled in his feet, who was lame from birth and had never walked. 9He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed 10and called out, "Stand up on your feet!" At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.

I don't believe in coincidence. I believe everything has a reason. I am glad that my Faith is what is keeping me sane in this world and God does hear our prayers. Sometimes the answer is no and sometimes its a yes. I am starting to keep a prayer journal so I can see the yes' and nos. I remember a lot yes' in my life and quite a few nos.

I am so glad that I am in First Place. Now , maybe I can go through August without my normal stress and nervousness. Time will tell as C sees Dr. T on August 2 and gets fitted up on August 3rd, Chris' birthday.

Here's hoping you receive your daily blessing~

Beamer 319

No comments: