Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This Article Broke My heart on so many levels

I was reading online articles on MSN, Fox News and CNN. I came across an article regarding a girl who was a conjoined twin and one of the twins died. This little girl was born with 4 arms and 4 legs but that's not why my heart broke.

My heart broke because the village where this little girl was born in India thought of this little girl as sacred and did not support the family's wishes to let the 2 year old have surgery to remove the extra limbs. It also broke my heart that in India, the family only makes a $1 a day and couldn't afford the surgery. She is getting the surgery because of the hospital's foundation.

The village is going to build a temple so they can worship her. She is a little girl. She is not God. It saddens me that this little girl who deserves a normal happy life will be looked upon as a God and not the child she is.

It also brings to light how we take things for granted. We have Hollywood writers going on strike for more money. We complain when we have to pay bills and when we can't get a day off of work. We don't consider that we are rich compared to 2/3 of the world. Even our poorest in the United States are richer than people in 3rd world countries.

Here is the link to the CNN story in case you would like to learn more.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/06/india.girl/index.html

I hope you have a great night and remember that you are wealthy beyond your dreams.

May God Bless You,

Beamer 319

No comments: