Monday, November 19, 2007

Redskins Lost, 911 called and Crabs in FEMA Trailer

And that's how our Sunday ended. The Redskins lost a close game. Dallas actually earned the win as the Skins did give it their all. Shortly after the game, we had to call 911 as my husband injured his hand while doing a "honey do" list item. The crabs are in a FEMA Container as they lost their home due to the accident.

I had asked my husband to dump the sand out of the terranium so we can put in fresh sand and make the crabs happy as they have been kind of crabbie (no pun intended). While dumping the sand, he lost control of the terranium and it cut his hand. He came into the house saying "Help me, I'm bleeding". It was a mess. I couldn't tell where the cut was and Chris couldn't elaborate so I called 911. The ambulance came along with a Police Officer. The Officer showed up to make sure that I didn't do willful harm to him or he didn't try to kill himself. I told the Officer that the Redskins had lost but it wasn't worth dying over. He saw Chris and said "Hey aren't you K's dad?" You gotta love a small town. Anyway, once he verified that this was indeed an accident, he went off his merry way. The ambulance bandaged him up and off they went. Since the ambulance was there, we had one spectator and he was wearing Dallas from head to toe. I guess he wanted to make sure that it wasn't a game related injury.

The crabs lost their home so they are in a temporary container without food or water. They should be fine for today. We are getting a bigger and better home for them. Hopefully, they will enjoy their new digs since we are responding quicker than the big guys.

Chris went to Patient First and got his tetanus shot and was reprimanded for not getting stitches. The doctor loved my wrapping job since I had to rewrap his wound after putting peroxide on hit. Needless to say the One Handed Chris needs to make friends real soon so he can go to the restroom. He also golfless for awhile.

So that is how our weekend ended. Hope you had a great weekend.

Beamer 319

1 comment:

Chris said...

And just like a dirty Dallas fan, he didn't offer any help at all.