Thursday, November 15, 2007

BROWNIE TURF WARS!!!

I have been told by my daughter's school teacher that a Brownie Turf War has formed in her classroom. It seems that K and her troop mate M have engaged in a bit of brownie turfdom with 2 other girls in her classroom from another troop. School yard fights now have a new twist.

When Ms. R asked for Brownies to line up, it appears that the other troop insisted that K and M were not Brownies but imitators as they were not a part of their troop. K and M not taking this too kindly told them they were in a Brownie Troop and K said my Mom's the Leader. The argument according to K went something like: Other troop, "My troop is better than your troop". "K and M's response was "My troop is doing Friends are Fun Badge and Yours isn't...NANANANA BOO BOO to YOU!!" The 4 girls are not speaking but giving each other the "look".

Who would have thought that being a Brownie would be like this. I reminded my troop that the Girl Scout Law says that we are sisters to every girl scout so we should always try and get along with them and not engage in turf wars. My troop agreed so we will have to wait to see what happens on World Thinking Day in February or closer still the Christmas Parade.

If you see on TV where Brownie troops were engaged in troop fighting, you knew about it first as you heard it here in the land of Blog. Just so you know Brownies are 1st and 2nd graders so we are not talking middle schoolers.

Hope you have a great night!!

Beamer 319

No comments: