Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Special Surprise at Barnes and Noble

I apologize for not writing for a while but my husband has been writing things in his blog that I had wanted to. I also have fallen in love with reading. Its a great surprise to myself, but this post isn't about my reading. We have a friend who has been in the hospital. His colon ruptured and abscessed. He was not doing well. Today he felt better so we decided to go and visit. I went to Barnes and Noble on Midlothian at lunch time and that's where I found my great surprise.

I was walking around looking for the magazine section. I walked around and around and then I noticed a new section in the bookstore. It specializes in special needs books. There were guide books from everything from Aspberger's to Down Syndrome. There were also books written by people who were personally affected by special needs. I couldn't believe it. I can't tell you the number of times that I have been to books a million and Borders looking for special needs books. I was so excited. There weren't any books on hydrocephalus but that's OK. There were helpful books regarding ADHD and the teenage kid, twilight syndrome, sensory issues, gross motor delays. You name it and it was there.

If you know someone who is looking for a book regarding special needs, I highly recommend Barnes and Noble.

Have a great night..

Beamer 319

No comments: