Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My son helps me diet

I was running late today as my coworkers and I were having a discussion regarding the NAACP and Michael Vick. We couldn't believe the stance of the NAACP. The group consisted of 2 caucasion, 1 african american and 1 puerto rican. All women, so needless to say, I left work late.

When I got home, dinner was ready and I was hungry so I fixed my plate which was filled with turkey loin and macaroni and cheese. The kids had already eaten as we thought they would have church tonight but it was cancelled. So I am eating in the living room and trying to finish my book when the kids come bounding in with McDonald cookies. My 4 year old son sees me and comes over to me. He starts eating my dinner. I asked him if he ate dinner and he said yes. He loves macaroni and cheese and the next thing I know, his hands are in my food eating. I started alternating giving him a forkful and then me so his hands would stay off of my plate.

Macaroni and cheese was demolished in no time. So I start eating my turkey. The next thing I know he is opening his mouth and saying "PEASE". Again, I alternate feeding him and myself. With his help, I ate 1/2 my dinner and decided that this was his way of watching how much I ate. Once the food was gone, it was time for C to get ready for bed so off to the tub he went and off to the kitchen I went to get a cookie.

I guess I deserve not getting to eat my dinner as I was running late. When we eat together as a family, I have a 80% chance of eating my dinner without C helping me finish. I will keep you posted on how my new diet comes along. Maybe I could market this type of diet plan with Disney. They turned a $4 million dollar movie into a $2 billion profit.

Have a great night!

Beamer 319

No comments: