Sunday, September 30, 2007

Time Touches More Gently Here - Boston

The Swan Boats in Boston Common
On my second day in Boston, I realize its 9/11. I didn't realize, however, that 2 of the planes that crashed came from Logan Airport and therefore a lot of the tourist attractions were closed in remembrance of this tragedy. It then decided to rain at 11am for the rest of the day. I stayed inside of the hotel and slept and dried off as I didn't bring any fall clothing or rain gear. Next time, I will. On Wednesday, Chris and I went to Boston Commons and there, we found the memorial garden commemorating the victims of 9/11. These are the two pictures that I took of the memorial garden. My husband thought that it was disrespectful of me to take the pictures but I wanted to take them so I will not forget that Boston was as deeply affected by this tragedy as New York.




The inscription in the circle in the second picture and seen in the third picture reads as follows:


"Time touches all more gently here,

here is where man has said, "No:

trees, grass and flowers will remain;

where the first-born sometimes sees

his father's father's eyes

reflected in the shallow pool;

feels an ancient heart beat

in the palm of his hand

pressed against a willow;

and seeking comfort and seeking shade

lies beneath the golden leaf elm

watching swan boats glide in season.


From the Boston & Sea Poems by

Lawrence Homer

Poet Laureate - Faneuil Hall



Chris and I did take a ride on the Swan Boats in Boston Common and it was such a peaceful ride. Boston and I will always remember as will the rest of the Nation.




Beamer 319


No comments: