Friday, September 28, 2007

I went to Boston and got a FREE HUG!!!


We had to catch a flight that left at 6:40am in the morning to Boston. I broke the cardinal rule of flying as I had placed a medium size bottle of my favorite perfume in my purse. Its not allowed unless its in a zip lock bag. My husband spent a whole quarter at the airport so I could keep my perfume. Thank you Al Queda for allowing zip lock to stay in business.
Chris had to spend the day in the hotel, the Fairmont Copley doing business. I went to see the area. First stop, Boston Harbor. I wanted to catch a ferry to go see Fort Warren out on St. Georges island but due to an impending storm, all ferries were cancelled. Since I was at the harbor, I ate at Joes. A wonderful American restaurant that served great food. I had the steak sandwich that would feed 2 people. I was treated nicely and was pleasantly surprised to find out that all restaurants serve ice tea unsweetened. I was in heaven. I love unsweetened ice tea. Could Boston be the Nirvanna for unsweet tea drinkers??
The New England Aquarium was at the harbor so I visited it. It was awesome. They had the first multi level tank on the East Coast. Picture a soup can that is 3 stories in height. It houses several native sea creatures including a sea turtle reaching the age of 70. He was huge. I will post some pictures from the aquarium in another blog. I spent the whole day at the aquarium.
I took the T back to the hotel. The T is the local subway. Boston had the first subway station and it is in the process of being rehabbed. Who knew that Boston was the first. Anyway, on the way walking back to the hotel, I saw these 2 girls holding a "FREE HUGS" sign. People were looking and smiling and taking pictures. I asked why they were giving free hugs away. It was national hug day. WOO HOO. I told them I could always use a hug so I took their picture and in return, I received 2 strong hugs. They were excited as I was the first hug.
Boston may have been the first to get the subway, but I was the first to get a free hug on National Hug Day in Boston.
Hug someone in honor of National Hug Day.
Beamer 319

No comments: