Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Found a Hidden Treasure - Prairie Grain Bread Co.

Last week, I started working for a temporary agency and they placed me with a bank working in the real estate closing department. I have been brown bagging it since day one and since my daughter and son had field trips, I had to relinquish my brand new lunch bag from Kroger. (Secretly YEAH!!).

I called my husband to see where I could go to eat and we decided to meet at Old Buckingham Station Shopping Center on Midlothian Turnpike. (Its a 10 minute drive there from where we both work). We decided to meet at the McDonalds (GROSS!!). Before I met him, I drove through the shopping center to see what was there. Several restaurants and then I saw it, the hidden treasure.....

The Prairie Grain Bread Company. They bake their bread on site so its fresh without preservatives. They have a wide selection of breads (9 grain, wheat, white, herb, etc.). Each day of the week, they have a "bread of the day". Thursday is banana nut bread. It was awesome. Not too much banana and it was a firm but soft bread with a pleasant taste. My husband and I ordered a turkey and cheese sandwich combo with the works. You can pick what you want and how you want it. We chose the whole sandwich (2 slices of bread). You can also choose 1/2 sandwich, 1 slice of bread divided into two. The combo included a bag of chips or soup. We chose chips. The soup was a baked chicken noodle soup. It sounded good but it was 90 degrees today so we opted for chips. You also get to choose either a bottle or fountain drink (same cost). Our bill totaled $12.16. Not a bad deal for two people having lunch.

The lady at the counter was so friendly, we felt that we were in our grandmother's kitchen as she explained the sandwiches and gave us a lot of information since we were so inquisitive. She also gave us a card. For every loaf of bread we purchase or sandwich, she will mark the card. After 12 purchases, we get either a loaf of bread or lunch for free. You can't beat that with a 10 foot stick. We wrote our names on the card and she offered to post it on their community board filled with cards. We had to promise to come back and remember where our card was.

I can't tell you enough how good the food was and we got it in less than 5 minutes. The atmosphere is great. We had a nice conversation and didn't feel the pressure of the hustle and bustle of Midlothian. The place was spotless so the 10 second rule could be expanded to 30 seconds.

If you want to check out a great place to have lunch and spend a quiet one with friends or spouses, this is the place to go. Also, my husband did buy a loaf of banana nut bread (and he usually hates it).He was going to bring it home today. HMMMMM!!! I haven't seen it. I guess it didn't make it home.

So remember to check out the hyper link to Prairie Grain and let me know if you liked it as much as we did.

Beamer 319

No comments: